The Cirrus atmospheric plasma is a single nozzle version device localised improvement of the adhesion characteristics of a wide range of materials including metals, polymers, ceramics and glass
It is a compact standalone instrument which delivers a continuous plume (8-10mm wide) of low temperature plasma to the surface and can easily be integrated with assembly/production lines with or without robot handling.
The Cirrus operates with compressed air and does not require any special gases or other services, it features an interlocked airflow regulation unit so that it does not require any external equipment.
A rear panel sub-D connector allows start/stop triggering of the plasma via an external signal supplied by the line to ensure smooth operation.
Plasma zones can be applied to different areas or overlapped to cover wider areas.
Atmospheric plasma advantages:
- Fast localised atmospheric plasma pre-treatment of parts prior to bonding
- Ultra-fine atmospheric plasma cleaning
- Surface activation with atmospheric plasma
- Highest quality treatments
- Very low operation cost & easy integration with automated lines
- Localised treatments
- I/O subsystem for line integration
- Integrated gas monitoring & control
- Precise & repeatable
- Treatment of polymers, glass, ceramics, metals
- Compact benchtop or rack-mount unit
Relevant Plasma Treatments:
Plasma Cleaning prior to Wire Bonding,
Plasma Treatment Prior to Printing/Painting,
Plasma Surface Treatment of Composites,
Plasma Treatment of Medical Devices.